Sunday, December 6, 2009

I got a trojan that McAfee missed, if I request a refund will they refund me the money?

A MySpace profile had a "patch" that looked ligit, and i downloaded it. I scaned the file using McAfee and the results came back clean. I began the extract the file then I had a Zlob trojan. It really messed my PC to the point the mouse cursor was lagging. I'm running a 3.0 GHTz CPU with 1.0 Gb RAM on a Compaq. I know that isn't normal. Do you think I should get a refund if I requested one? And what should I have on my side if they don't?



Please help!!!



I got a trojan that McAfee missed, if I request a refund will they refund me the money?

No they wont. They dont promise 100% virus protection (no software does) Taht's why its good to make surey our virus files are updated and you run another virus protection program after it



AVG is good.



http://free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti-vir...



I got a trojan that McAfee missed, if I request a refund will they refund me the money?

the standard procedure of removing trojan virus is as follows



-update your Antivirus program



-disable system restore



-boot in safe mode in Administrator account



-run a full scan of your antivirus (check its settings if it is set to running a full scan or not)



-delete any dlls, other files mentioned by the program as virus files. You will be able to remove them while in safe mode. Also remove registry keys as mentioned on the manual removal page



-restart your computer normally



-enable system restore



Details of the steps are on the page



http://viruscleaner.blogspot.com/2006/12...



the zlob trojan removal instructions



http://viruscleaner.blogspot.com/2006/12...



I got a trojan that McAfee missed, if I request a refund will they refund me the money?

I think they would give you a refund, because McAfee isn't a bad company.



If they don't refund you the money, switch to AVG 7.5 at http://grisoft.com/



I got a trojan that McAfee missed, if I request a refund will they refund me the money?

They won't refund your money. There's a million different hackers making a million different nasties for your PC and there's no way to catch em all. They can't be held liable for what happened to you're PC. It's like someone suing Trojan cause the condom broke and someone got pregnant, you know? Your best bet is to beware of what you download... nothing is 100% safe, you know?



I got a trojan that McAfee missed, if I request a refund will they refund me the money?

i doubt they'll give a refund. but i know someone who had to take their tower in to a shop to get fixed and the guy said mcafee is the worst and they should use norton.



I got a trojan that McAfee missed, if I request a refund will they refund me the money?

I doubt it, get avast. or keep your antivirus up to date. It can't catch what it doesn't know about.



And it may not be able to scan .rar. besides it may have been clean it may have just had spyware that then downloaded the trojan.



I got a trojan that McAfee missed, if I request a refund will they refund me the money?

No anti-virus company will give you a refund unless they make a guarantee that doesn't come through.



Does McAfee make a guarantee that it will keep your computer virus-free? If they don't I doubt you'll get a refund.



I got a trojan that McAfee missed, if I request a refund will they refund me the money?

My professional advise to you is that you read the "EULA". (End User Lic., Agreement). Something that you must always read with any softwar installation. Does not matter if it is free or purchased. When you read all the fine print you have the option to determinate the installation or agree an allow the installation.



With paid software you will usually see that the company takes no responsibility for damage to your pc or if the software fails to perform as claimed. Some will offer you a lump sum of $1.00. (This is a joke on their part). The risk when you agree usually is all yours).



Alot of free software for damn sure you must read the "EULA", if they are honest they will tell you that there is third party adware embedded in the software. If they are not you will find it when you scan your pc for spyware/adware.



There is not one piece of software in my systems that I don't read the "EULA", agreement. An I can tell you that if their fine print is a few lines, I don't install. I want to see the complete details of what I am suppose to agree to.



Sometimes you have to be like a lawyer to undertand their language, but usually it is quite clear for the lay person.



I doubt if you will get a refund or even and adquate response from them on how to fix your problem.



This is a lesson in experience and knowledge. Sorry that it will cost you. My advise is to remove the progream an install from the link below free from AOL, active virus shield. You don't have to be a member of AOL, and you will obtain a free key via your email good for one year. This program is powered by Kaspersky Labs., out of Russia. Rated #1, in the world for antivirus detection. (Will resolve your problem).



http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivir...



Clinical Psychiatrist, France



I got a trojan that McAfee missed, if I request a refund will they refund me the money?

YES I did that and they refunded me and gave me free protection for a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web ftp hosting